At FoodRazor we take Users’ privacy very seriously. Our aim is to only collect and use Personal Information for the purpose of providing the FoodRazor Products – nothing more.
This Policy is drafted with reference to the Data Protection Act 2012 (the “Act”). FoodRazor believes that compliance with the data protection principles outlined in the Act creates a strong framework to ensure that individuals’ personal information is secured, protected and used appropriately.
The Policy will address how FoodRazor uses, transfers and stores the personal data (as defined in the Act) and any other information (collectively, “Personal Information”) we collect about individuals (“Users”) when they access our website (the “Site”), use any of FoodRazor’s mobile and tablet applications (the “Apps”) or use any of our services or products (collectively, the “FoodRazor Products”), or otherwise have their Personal Information submitted to us.
By visiting the Site, using our Apps and using the FoodRazor Products and/or agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, Users are accepting the practices and guidelines set out in this document (the “Policy”), so please take a few minutes to read it over carefully.
When we refer to FoodRazor, “we” or “us” in this Policy, we are referring to FoodRazor itself together with, as applicable, the FoodRazor Products.
Two areas that we recommend our Users particularly focus on are the sections titled:
- “International Data Transfer”; and
- “Analytics Services”.
Limiting the collection and use of Personal Information
Collecting Personal Information allows FoodRazor to offer a more customised, secure, and efficient service to our Users. Here’s a brief description of how we use Personal Information:
- To provide, operate, maintain, and improve the FoodRazor Products.
- To provide customer service.
- To communicate upcoming features, developments, and news relating to the FoodRazor Products.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity.
- To provide and deliver any other products and services that Users request.
- If applicable, to allow accountants and bookkeepers who use the FoodRazor Products to contact their clients.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and, where it applies, the Act.
What Information do we collect?
Information provided when Users sign up on the Site or an App. When Users register for a subscription through the Site or an App (or update any information previously given to us), we collect personal details which can include: names, postal addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, usernames, passwords and demographic information (for example, a User’s occupation). Information provided through use of the FoodRazor Products. When using the FoodRazor Products, Users may provide us with additional Personal Information that might be contained on any receipts, invoices and other items that they submit to us through the FoodRazor Products. Users may also provide us with Personal Information which relates not only to Users themselves, but also certain third party individuals. We will treat such data in accordance with this Policy. Users may also provide us with certain Personal Information when they report a problem with the FoodRazor Products or send us any other information either directly on the Site or via the Apps.
Information we get from others. We may get Personal Information about Users from other sources. As an example of how we might get Personal Information other than via the Apps or the Site – we might collect certain information Users have uploaded to their accounting software when any FoodRazor Product is integrated with that software. We may add this to information we get from this Site or the Apps or otherwise through Users’ use of the FoodRazor Products.
Information automatically collected through the Site and the Apps. Each time Users visit the Site or use the Apps we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical Information – this includes the type of mobile or tablet device Users use, a unique device identifier (for example, a device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used on a device), network information, operating system, the browser, and time zone settings.
- Content Information – this includes information stored on Users’ devices such as contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content.
- Usage Information – this includes: web traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise; the resources that Users access; the website(s) visited before browsing to the Site, pages viewed, how long spent on a page, access times; and other information about use of and actions on our Site.
Testimonials and Feedback. FoodRazor does not post any Personal Information relating to its Users along with testimonials, unless we have been given permission to do so by the User. We get in touch with our Users to confirm that they are happy for their Personal Information to be posted on our Site before anything is posted to request their permission to do so. Users may submit or ask us to withdraw a testimonial by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may log and collect certain Personal Information using "Cookies". Cookies are small data files stored on Users’ hard drives by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once Users close their web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on Users’ computers or devices until they delete them) to provide Users with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site and the Apps. This type of information is collected to distinguish different Users of the Apps or the Site. This helps us to provide Users with a good experience when they use the Apps or browse the Site. It also allows us to improve the Apps and the Site to make them more useful and to tailor each User's experience to meet their special interests and needs.
Please note that the Cookies that we may use include both Cookies we place and those which are placed by our third party partners – these are commonly referred to as “third party Cookies”. Third party Cookies are Cookies that are set by a domain other than the one being visited by the User – for example, if an individual visits the Site and a company other than FoodRazor sets a cookie through the Site, this would be a third party cookie.
Some of the Cookies we place are essential to allow us to provide certain aspects of the Site and the Apps – for example, some are necessary to enable Users to log into certain secure areas. Users will typically be able to remove and reject Cookies from our Site or the Apps by changing their settings. Many browsers and devices are set to accept Cookies until you change your settings. If Users remove or reject our Cookies, it could affect how our Site or the Apps works for them.
How Personal Information is secured
Personal Information on FoodRazor is protected by an email address and password login. Users are responsible for keeping their password secret, and should be careful to log out of their accounts after they have finished any given session, especially if they are using a public computer. The security of Personal Information is important to us. When Users enter sensitive information on our registration forms (such as their name, mailing address, or credit card information), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology.
Only employees or service providers that need to access Personal Information (such as customer service representatives or our data processing teams) will have access to Personal Information. FoodRazor takes reasonable steps to ensure that it keeps all employees informed and reminded of privacy and security practices.
We seek to use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organisation. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. If a User has any reason to believe that their interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if they feel that the security of their account might have been compromised), they should notify us of this problem immediately by contacting us at email@example.com
We note that retention time can also impact the security of Personal Information and should be considered. In compliance with our obligations under the Act, we only retain Users’ Personal Information for so long as necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected.
Sharing of Personal Information
FoodRazor does not use Users' Personal Information to introduce them to third parties.
However, we may share certain Personal Information as follows:
- Users’ accountants and bookkeepers. If a User is using any FoodRazor Product that has been made available to them by a service provider who has signed as one of our partners (e.g., their accountant or bookkeeper), then all Personal Information uploaded by such Users will be available to that partner and its authorised employees and agents who have access to the relevant partner dashboard site.
- Other third parties. We may share Users’ Personal Information with our third party service providers who need it to do work for us.
- As described above, we may share information with Analytics Services that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site and Apps.
- Corporate restructuring. We may share Personal Information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- Other disclosures. We may share Personal Information for legal, protection, and safety purposes, in accordance with this Policy:
- We may share Personal Information to comply with laws or to allow us to enforce the terms of this Policy and/or our then current Terms and Conditions.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share Personal Information to protect the rights and property of FoodRazor, our agents, customers, and others. This includes enforcing our agreements, policies and Terms and Conditions.
- We may share Personal Information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share Personal Information with those who need it to do work for us.
- For information on how we may also share Anonymous Data, see the section titled “Anonymous Data”.
When we use the term “Anonymous Data”, we are referring to data and information that does not permit an individual person to be identified or identifiable, either alone or when combined with any other information available to a third party – this could include data derived from Personal Information which is aggregated and complied in anonymous form, Analytics Information and information collected from Cookies.
We may create Anonymous Data records from the Personal Information we receive about our Users and other individuals whose Personal Information is submitted to us. We make Personal Information into Anonymous Data by excluding information (such as a User’s name) that makes the data personally identifiable to them. We use this Anonymous Data to analyse requests and usage patterns so that we may enhance the FoodRazor Products and improve Site navigation and the functionality of the Apps.
We may use Anonymous Data for a number of purposes, which could include disclosing that Anonymous Data to third parties.
FoodRazor may amend or change this Policy at its sole discretion at any time. The use of the Personal Information we collect at any given point is subject to the Policy in effect at the time of collection. Users should periodically check the Policy to make sure they understand the current Policy. When we do make changes to the Policy, we will change the Last Updated date at the top of this document.
FoodRazor will notify Users by sending an email to the email address they have registered with their account, or by posting a prominent notice on the Site or the Apps, before we implement any material changes regarding our privacy practices or this Policy.
Although we do not use Users’ Personal Information to send them marketing emails, we may still send non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about Users’ accounts and our business dealings with them - for example, if any part of the FoodRazor Products is temporarily disrupted or suspended or if there are any upcoming features or developments to the FoodRazor Products we need to communicate. In addition, please note that all Users will receive an automatic welcome email necessary to complete their registration process.
If Users do not wish to receive these communications, they have the option of deactivating their account. Users may request that their account be deleted or deactivated from FoodRazor by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party sites
Our Site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If Users follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Users should please check these policies before they submit any Personal Information to these websites. The links to third party websites or locations are for convenience only and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, content, or websites. If Users disclose information to others, or authorise us to do the same under this Policy, the use and disclosure restrictions contained in this Policy will not apply to any third party. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and Users are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable.
Conditions of use
Users use of the Site, the Apps, and the FoodRazor Products is subject to this Policy and FoodRazor’s Terms and Conditions.